Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Limited Edition - updated

Well, I followed through with my weird little idea. I have almost zero idle time, so if idle hands are the Devil's playthings, I'd hate to see what I did if I had real free time. I'd probably be a very prolific arsonist or something.

But until that time comes, I've printed off a limited run of my novel Criminal Economics. The first batch has arrived (see below) and this is 25% of all the copies of this edition that will ever exist in the world. Once I reach 100 copies printed, it goes back in the vault. The book will hopefully come out for real someday, but I hated to see it languish while I pushed some other, newer books ahead of it in line. But even if it gets a full publishing treatment, it won't look like this one.



How do you know you have one of the special editions? All 100 will be hand numbered and signed. By me, I should specify, though if you want my daughters to draw you a picture in one I can talk them into it. That picture below is of the title page where each one will be customized.

How do you get one? Directly from me is the only way. I'll be debuting the new baby at Noir at the Bar this May 26th where I'll be doing a unique reading summarizing the whole book. You'll just have to be there if you want to see that.

UPDATE: BECAUSE OF MY UNDERESTIMATION OF THE US POST OFFICE, I NEEDED TO ADD $1 TO THE SHIPPING COSTS. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

If you can't make it out there or to Bouchercon in the fall where I'll bring a few, but only as many as my luggage will allow, you can order them up directly. Payments through Paypal to ericbeetner (at) gmail (dot) com This one-in-a-hundred edition is only $10, plus $3 shipping if you live anywhere I won't see you in person sometime soon. This isn't really for profit, just to cover my costs. I did it for the love, people.





I'd like to thank R. Thomas Brown for his help in getting this edition ready and looking as good as it does. Also to Brian Lindenmuth for being patient with me as I decide what to do with this crazy novel, and to the Nerd of Noir for reviewing it early for me without a publication date or even any promise of it coming out at all. 

So there you have it – your chance to get a collector's item. Of course this is all predicated on my getting a long track record of publishing and living to a ripe old age when a limited edition of mine might be worth something, so I'm not making any promises this will get you anything more than a quarter at a garage sale in twenty years, but I happen to think it's a pretty fun book too.

The plot blurb is below or go read that Nerd of Noir review above. I'll warn you, it's pretty crazy, violent, and contains the single most vile thing I've ever written. If you know me, you know that's something.

So move quickly. Once they're gone, they're gone.





1 comment:

Les Edgerton said...

Ordered mine--can't wait to read me some Beetner!