Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Big Weekend

Well when it rains it pours I guess. I have a new story up at Darkest Before the Dawn which is a really great site for slightly longer stories and some that are a little more off the beaten path, which my story is. Two Left is a western. I still had a little Deadwood residue in my system I guess so I tried to get into that mindset with a little story of gold fever.
Also, and I'm really excited about this, I have recorded my first podcast. My story Past Due has been podcast as episode 39 on the amazing crimewav.com I love this site. It is so great to hear stories read out loud. I wish I could have had someone with a better voice or more dramatic flair read mine but I did okay. If you haven't been to this site take some time and browse around to listen to some of the stories. A really great experience. 
AND...my contribution to Six Sentences is up as well. This site is great and shows a huge range of storytelling all in only six sentences. It is amazing to see what people can do with so little. I realized my story had a typo in it and it made me feel like an idiot. I can't even proof a six sentence story. Sheesh! And it is no comment on our educational system. I had all the breaks, just lazy or ignorant or both. 
I hope I can keep up the pace for a year full of quality output (sans typos). News about the novel I co-wrote with JB Kohl is coming soon.

No comments: