Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My first sequel

It was suggested that my story Get Gone may be a good candidate for a sequel. I gave it a shot. I have to say it was fun. You can read it here. It does make me think about how much I am slacking in coming up with the outline for the sequel to One Too Many Blows To The Head but I have a lot of irons in the fire right now. Even just starting it is a great reminder of how fun those characters were to write and it is a pleasure to renew my collaboration with JB Kohl.
Our world class illustrator is working on the cover art. I have already made arrangements to do a signing at The Mystery Bookstore in LA and working on others including Phoenix and Chicago. It's moving slowly but becomes more of a reality every day. I will also be featured in an anthology called Murder is on the Wind. I quite like the story I wrote for that one. Very dark.
In July I am really looking forward to Seth Harwood's signing of Jack Wakes Up and Megan Abbott's signing of Bury Me Deep. I'm going to try to make it to Jason Starr's signing too.