Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is it feeling drafty in here or is it just me?

Yes, if I used a bad pun for a post title you know it is 1:00 am and I am giddy with the thrill of hitting save on a completed first draft of a new novel.
I certainly think I like this one but it's back to top to revise and evaluate, maybe add a few thousand words to fill in gaps I left.
In the next few days I am going to do what I did with Needle and do a "Novel in a minute" by posting the first line from each chapter. I'm just curious how it will read. Will it reveal any actual plot? Will it seem like a crazy merry-go-round? (entirely possible with this one)
Stay tuned.
In the meantime, enjoy this photo from last weekend's LA TImes Festival of Books of me sandwiched (thanks Keith) between Reed Farrel Coleman and Duane Swierczynski with a side serving of Gar Anthony Haywood. Proof I was there.
Photo credit goes to Lazy Thoughts From A Boomer blog. Thank you! Check out the great wrap up of FOB fun there and at Jen's Book Thoughts blog. And more from the Pop Culture Nerd.

No comments: