Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday roundup

Another week. Where do they get to so quickly? My latest blog post for Criminal Element is up HERE. I ask the question, Where have all the cool cars gone? in TV cop shows. Check it out. Also over at Criminal Element is my Fesh Meat assessment of Dead Harvest by Chris F. Holm. This book is a crazy genre-bending tale that kept me guessing. Really inventive work that should get Chris some much deserved attention. Also loved Gar Anthony Haywood's Assume Nothing, did I mention that? And I'm deep into Dove Season by Johnny Shaw and loving it. Both writers will be at our next Noir at the Bar event on March 25th along with Hilary Davidson with her new book, The Next One To Fall and Gary Phillips reading whatever he damn well wants. I went ahead and started the new novel not really certain I was fully invested. A week and 15k words later, I think I'm in. This is an idea I've been kicking around for a long time and I think I finally cracked the story. We shall see. So far 2012 has been a shitty year personally and a non-event writing wise. I'm hoping things pick up and I have some news on something at some point. Not much to go on, I know. Writing in a vacuum is hard. Time to go make more opportunities for myself. No one is coming to my rescue, and never will. Time to write my own story, as it were. Damn, that sounded like a cheap self motivational book. Aw, what the hell, that would probably sell a million copies...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks, my friend, for the kind mention. Much obliged. And good luck on the new novel. Dying to see what you've got percolating...