Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Early Work

I'm talking about my first two novels with JB Kohl over at fellow Second Wind publishing author Pat Bertram's site. Jen and I talk about the origin of the stories for One Too Many Blows To The Head and Borrowed Trouble. Give it a look. Then check out the books, of course.

Bouchercon is next week and I'm super excited to see some old friends and meet some authors I have read and admired this past year. Sadly, I did not get assigned any panels this year so I'll be wandering the halls with lots of free time.

Friday night, however, I am hosting a Cleveland edition of Noir at the Bar featuring fellow Snubnose Press authors Dan O'Shea, Jedidiah Ayres, John Kenyon, Les Edgerton, Jonathan Woods, and Josh Stallings. (Ryan Sales had to drop out) Anyone and everyone is invited for an hour of readings and fun followed by a live band and a good hangout. It's at a place called Wonderbar 2044 E. 4th St from 7-8pm. They were very kind to work with me on very short notice. Snubnose fan Sabrina Ogden helped spur the whole thing to life. And she's making up buttons with the SP logo on them. So come find me or her and we'll give you one.

And speaking of Noir at the Bar, our next L.A. event is going to be epic. It's on October 21st and features a host of out-of-towners I'm very excited about. Johnny Shaw will be there from Portland with his new book, Big Maria. His Dove Season was one of my favorites of last year.

Greg Bardsley caved to my pressure and is coming in from the bay area with his debut, Cash Out

Owen Laukkanen gave in after a year of asking. He's coming down from Canada! His debut, The Professionals was another favorite read of last year. His new one is slated for release early next year.

Rounding things out is local author Katherine Tomlinson and a reading by little ol' me. I'll be giving a reading from The Devil Doesn't Want Me in anticipation of the release the following Tuesday, Oct 23rd.

So if you're around in Cleveland or Los Angeles, come on down and come to Noir at the Bar. 

No comments: