Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mug Shot

So I was asked by this anthology I am a part of - Harbinger*33, more details to come - to include a "mug shot" along with my author photo. I love this idea. It is a safe bet that all writers have a trusty mug by their side when they work. Mine, I should say, is never filled with coffee. I don't drink caffeine or alcohol. Never smoked cigarettes, never taken any drug. I know, I know I just got thrown out of several writer's groups. I am a shame on the art form. In any event, I liked the way the photo came out of my desk and mug where I write deep into the night. I'd love to see other writer's spaces. I'd venture a guess that none are spacious, most are crowded with papers and other books in towering TBR piles. Do you write in a closet? An office? The attic? A coffee shop? Show me your space! I showed you mine.



Bonus points for anyone who can ID the poster on the wall in the background. I have 9 posters and 9 lobby cards from old Film Noir movies decorating my office. (there's your clue) Very inspiring!

And completely without her permission I went ahead and stole a picture of JB Kohl, my co-writer, in her space. And she's holding a mug. Perfect!

5 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

Where would we be without mugs. No idea about the poster though.

Chad Eagleton said...

So, what's the poster? It's driving me crazy. Can't make out enough to even venture a guess.

Eric Beetner said...

It is a one sheet for The Narrow Margin. It sits next to an insert for Crime Wave, a half sheet for Naked City and a half sheet for Criss Cross, an insert for Desperate, a window card of Shield for Murder, half sheets of Whiplash and Too Late for Tears and a one sheet frame that rotates. Currently it is the B style poster for Sudden Fear. I've got title cards for Somewhere in the Night, Tension, Scene of The Crime, Railroaded, Where the Sidewalk End, Shadowed, The Threat and Larceny up now but those rotate every now and then too.
Too many posters, not enough wall space.

Anonymous said...

Digging the picture, Eric. Can you ID the poster in the background of MY office?

Eric Beetner said...

Well, you've got the Universal horror theme going. I'll go with the original The Mummy. Maybe a sequel though...